Households and commercial businesses account for about one-third of U.S. natural gas consumption.
Natural gas is used in apartments, houses, hotels, schools, hospitals, restaurants and other commercial endeavors for:
- Space and water heating and clothes-drying
- Natural gas is most popular fuel for home heating, according to the American Gas Association
- Natural gas is the most-used fuel for home-heating in 3 out of 4 census regions, according to the Energy Information Administration
- Rapid, easy temperature control and self-cleaning, preferred by professional chefs
- Outdoor appliances
- Pool and jacuzzi heaters, fireplaces, barbecues, garage heaters and outdoor lights.